-->

Monday 20 January 2014

My Mac Lipsticks





I'm going to start off by saying, I don't have many Mac lipsticks, 6 to be precise but I'm always thinking which Mac lipstick will I next buy and posts like these always help me so hopefully someone out there will appreciate my input! Mac lipsticks retail for £15 which have slightly risen over the years but for £15 I think they're worth every penny.

Starting with my first ever Mac lipstick is Full Speed. Roughly 2 years ago I had a wedding to attend to and wanted a lipstick that was going to last, after searching the internet for a few hours I decided on Mac. I opted for Full Speed which is a bright coral red. When it arrived I wasn't keen once I put it on but dabbed lightly on the lips it's gorgeous! With it being a sheen supreme the packaging is different to regular lipsticks, this I prefer, it's very sleek and lady like.  The sheen supremes retail for £15.50.

My second Mac lipstick was Please Me, a beautiful muted rose colour. This is a (dare I say it) my lips but better colour, I love to use this on days when I want a little something. This can be drying because it is matte but with a balm underneath your good to go. I know that Lily Melrose is fan too.

My third lipstick was Chatterbox which is an amplified finish meaning it's very opaque. I would describe this as a bubblegum dolly pink with a slight neon tinge to it. I was seeing Chatterbox pop up all over youtube and blogs and looked gorgeous but unfortunately I find this doesn't suit me very well. Swatched on my hand it looks fine but once on my lips it tend to look alot darker and reminds me of an old ladys lipstick.

Next we have Viva Glam Nicki 1 which again is an amplified finish. This is a neon barbie pink with a bit of coral, I find this great for an evening look for a pop of colour. Unfortuntaly this isn't a permantant colour but Illamasquas Immodest is basically the same shade but in matte formula.

My fifth Mac lipstick has got to be favourite, Creme Cup. Omg. It's such a beautiful shade. I would desribe it as a light dusky pink, which goes with any make up look, day or night. It's a creamsheen lipstick so it's very moisturising and doesn't show any dry or flakey patches on the lips. If you don't own this lipstick I highly recommend you go get it, you won't be disappointed.

My final lipstick is Rebel. I've been wanting this lipstick for so long but was sceptical  because it looked so dark in the tube. Anyway, one day I bit the bullet and just got it and was blown away by how gorgeous it really is! Rebel is a deep fushia berry shade that suits all skin tones. This is a satin finish which I find lasts the longest on my lips. This looks lovely dabbed on or swiped all over the lips meaning it will look great with whatever eye make up your wearing.  This is another must have.

What Mac lipsticks do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment