-->

Wednesday 5 February 2014

My Foundations


Personally I think having the perfect base and flawless canvas is the most important thing when it comes to make up. You can have a perfect blending eyeshadow look but with patchy foundation that doesn't work for your skin type or have a shade too dark for you can ruin everything. Where as if you have a flawless face with no eye make up you can still look gorgeous!
I'm a sucker for a great foundation and although my current foundation is my HG I have another 3 in mind that I want to buy, oops, sorry bank balance!
I remember when I first got into make up foundation was the hardest things to buy. I didn't know what undertone my skin was, I didn't even know if I had dry skin, oily skin or combination skin. Being a pale girl drugstore foundations was a massive fail for me. I've tried numerous of drugstore foundations but even the lightest shade were too orange for me. I spent hours searching the web to find my perfect foundation and still now I'm always on the hunt for something to live up to my HG.

Mac Studio Sculpt - This was my first high end foundation. I remember being so excited going up to the Mac store near regents street. The studio sculpt is meant to be for dry skin, at the time that's what I had so I thought this foundation would be the one. Oh how wrong was I. I really cant stand this foundation. It just "sits" on the skin without melting into the skin. It's also very tacky too, no amount of powder that I use sets the foundation and within around 2 hours it tended to separate on my face. Not a good look.

Mac Full Coverage - After having a terrible experience with a foundation meant for dry skin, I opted one that was meant for combination skin. I love this foundation, it leaves the skin looking so flawless and it doesn't look cakey. This isn't an everyday foundation though. I used this non stop for 2 weeks and had a major breakout, so little and often I use this and have no problems. 

Nars Sheer Matte - One of the most raved about foundations is Nars Sheer Glow which I had in the lightest shade. I was so excited when I received it , so much so that when I got home off came my make up and on went the Nars Sheer Glow. Looking in the mirror all I felt was disappointment, I hated it. I found it looked patchy, clung to any dry skin I had and it wouldn't blend at all. I then went on to buy the Sheer Matte but still had the same problems. Please anyone out there tell me how to use this!

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric - Now this stuff is amazing! I'm all for full coverage and would never dream of leaving the house with out foundation on so I'm not entirely sure what made me buy this. This is a very sheer coverage foundation but somehow makes your skin look absolutely gorgeous. Pricey at £32 but oh so worth it. This is perfect for the summer.

No7 Beautifully Matte - Another favourite of mine and only £13.50. Medium to full coverage but doesn't feel heavy at all and doesn't cake. A great alternative to my HG foundation coming up next... This also looks very natural on the skin with a satin/matte finish.

Estee Lauder Double Wear - Now this is my baby. Where do I start?! I always bang on about this foundation and I'll probably be wearing this when I'm an OAP. Full coverage? Check. Lasts all day? Check. Doesn't cake? Check. Looks flawless? check. Everything about this foundation is amazing! My HG <3

What's your favourite foundation and what foundation can't you stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment