-->

Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Repurchased #1



I've always raved about the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation so when my bottle was getting empty I knew I had to get another. I don't usually buy the same product again unless I feel as if there is nothing better. I thought it was about time it has a dedicated blog post. The foundation is loved by so many and I really know why.
I've been through my fair share of foundations, mainly highend due to the drugstore not having a shade that's right for me. After hating MACS Studio Sculpt and Nars Sheer Matte and Glow foundations I had realised I'm really fussy when it comes to my foundation. I had seen the Double Wear raved everywhere so as I do, I went and got myself a bottle.

The one thing I hated about a couple of my previous foundations is how they would oxidize through out the day, meaning the colour would start going darker and make you look like an oompa loompa. Considering I had spent nearly £30 on a foundation, I didn't expect this. Luckily the Double Wear doesn't do this! One tick on my check list.
One thing I found with the Studio Sculpt was how long is took to "set" no matter how much powder I applied after the foundation still seemed wet where as the Estee Lauder Double Wear dries so quickly meaning powder, blush ect can be applied straight away! The foundation is a full coverage foundation which I love but it can also be sheered out to next to nothing so it's like having 3 foundations in 1! I find this foundation is also brilliant at covering spots so on days when I'm in a rush I don't have to worry too much about concealing any blemishes I may have.
The main reason I love this foundation so much is because it lasts all day and I mean all day. I have once applied this at 8am went out in the most humid horrible weather, on 4 buses and at 10pm that night everything was still there and looking perfect! No need to powder through out the day and no need to worry about the foundation sliding around on your face. Although this is a full coverage foundation I find it doesn't feel heavy or look cakey. One issue I've had with full coverage foundations before is how they can make your face look "flat" and in need of blush and contour but with this there is no need for that.
One last thing, the Estee Lauder Double Wear is available is 31 shades! YES, 31!

I really can't express anymore my love for this foundation.

What's your holy grail foundation?

Don't forget there is a YSL giveaway here.

No comments:

Post a Comment