-->

Monday 2 December 2013

Monthly Favourites #2

Another month gone means another month closer to Christmas! I can't remember the last time I was this excited for Christmas and it feels so good. Maybe it's because my daughter is understanding it alot more now or maybe because I know all my goodies I'm getting with a few surprises, either way, I cannot wait. It's also the month where our diet gets thrown out the window and we eat until our heart is content, what more could we ask for?!

 I ran out of my well loved moisturiser, L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream, it doesn't come cheap and with Christmas round the corner I had to opt for an alternative. Whist digging through my "meh" drawer I came across the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser. I bought this over a year ago and was never blown away by it, I found it hardly moisturised my skin. I'm not sure if my skin type has changed dramatically but this cream now works wonders. I find it gives enough hydration without looking shiny or feeling too heavy and smells divine. My only downfall is that it takes a while to sink in to the skin, this isn't a grab and go product. 

I suffer from dry lips all year round, minging I know. But mainly in the autumn/winter months due to the cold weather. Trying to apply any lip product without looking disgusting has been a challenge, let me tell you! For about 2 weeks I wore nothing except my Burt's Bees Lip Balm and although it helped alot I still needed that something else. That's where the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub came in. I've had this in my stash and never tried it until now and found I have a love hate relationship with it. In terms of what it is, it works wonders, my lips felt amazing, my lipstick applied beautifully and my lip's "buzzed". But the smell is too sickly for my liking and personally I don't eat it, the thought of eating my dead skin cells is one that makes me feel queasy, no thank you. I'm defiantly going to try other flavours though because it does work!

I've never been a blush kind of girl but that has all changed thanks to Macs Well Dressed blush.  Seriously, this blush is so me. A gorgeous powdery pink colour without looking too barbiesh this is perfect for my skin tone. Not too pigmented so I end up looking like clown, not too matte so I look 50 and not too shimmery so I look like I'm 12. I have been converted, thank you Mac.

In the autumn months I love to create an everyday smokey eye. For this I've been reaching or my Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette. I just cannot get enough of this palette. You can achieve so many looks with just this one beauty. I've owned this for quite a few months now and not once have I got bored of it, my go to palette.



What have you been loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment