-->

Sunday 5 January 2014

My Mac Palette

So finally I managed to get my first Mac palette thanks to my lovely boyfriend. He had asked me what I wanted for Christmas and this was one of the things on the top of my list. Earlier on in the year I had wanted my first high end palette but decided on the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette because I was getting more for my money. For £37 pound I was getting 12 eye shadows but with the Mac palette for £46.50 you only get 4 eye shadows plus the palette which you pay for separately. Nether the less, Mac eye shadows are amazing, they're so creamy and easy to blend that I know I'll be defiantly be buying more very soon. 

The first eye shadow I had asked for was cult favourite, All That Glitters. Mac describe it as "beige with gold pearl" and that's spot on. Not too beige to be a boring colour yet not too gold to be a dramatic colour. I love this as an all over the lid colour. Gold coloured eye shadows don't always tend to compliment my fair skin but this shade is just perfect. "All that glitters" is the perfect shade for a one colour look if your in a rush but also gorgeous for pairing with another colour. 

My second choice was another cult favourite, Satin Taupe. I think this is my favourite colour out of the lot. I've never seen a colour like it before. Mac describe it as "taupe with silver shimmer" and again spot on. Although I have to say, the picture on Macs website does it no justice. I love to use this on the outer V of my eye and also in the crease paired with All That Glitters the colours compliment each other so well. 

Having 2 lightish colours I then wanted two darker crease shades. I have green eyes so wanted something to compliment them. Purple is known to make green eyes pop yet I don't tend to wear bold bright colours on my eyes. I needed something dark but with purple undertones and that's when I decided on Sketch.  Mac describe it as burgundy with red shimmer although I see no red when I apply it. I also love to use this with an eyeliner brush to make my lash line look fuller than it really is. It especially looks gorgeous used on the outer bottom lashes.

I had a real struggle with my last choice. I wanted to be dare devil and go for a bit of brighter purple so after many days of googling swatches of loads of eye shadows I then decided on "Trax". This is more on the plum side just like Mac describes it "Burgundy plum with shimmer". I was worried it'd look too much like Sketch or I just wouldn't like it at all but I was wrong. I love it. It's a shade that can be worn day or night and it really does make my eyes pop. I've used this as a lid colour and a crease colour and have loved it both ways. 

From Bottom to top, All that glitters, Satin taupe, Sketch and Trax


I can't wait to make up another palette, I think I may become a tad obsessed. Lord help my boyfriend who will be driving me to the Mac store quite often! 

What were your first Mac eye shadows? 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment