-->

Monday 17 February 2014

My Top 5 Drugstore Lip Products #1


I have a confession, I have an unhealthy relationship with highend lip sticks and glosses, whenever I crave a new lip product I always tend to go to Mac or YSL.  If I'm honest, I'm not really sure why, people say the drugstore now have brilliant lip products yet I think the love I have for mac and the gorgeous packaging for YSL just leads me there. But don't threat I do own some drugstore lip sticks and glosses but please give me suggestions too!

My first favourite is the Revlon Lip Butters, everyone knows about these! The first one I bought was "Strawberry Shortcake" a blue based cotton candy pink with slight shimmer. The second one was "Sugar Frosting" which is a sheer light pink. I find that these are extremely moisturising and don't show any dry patches at all. I'm also a fan of the packaging.

Another favourite is the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in " Oxford St Fuchsia". I would describe this as a muted bubblegum pink that's easily wearable for during the day. As the name would suggest, these are hydrating and really lightweight on the lips. These also dry to a stain after a few hours of wear. I'm already looking to buy more from this range.

Next up is the Bourjois 3D effect lipgloss in "Rose Chimeric". This is one of my all time favourite lipglosses, a beautiful baby pink colour that has enough pigmentation to be worn alone or paired with a lipstick. These also last such a long time on the lips, I highly recommend it!

Second from last is the Nyx Mega Shine Lip Gloss in "Beige" another pink, can you tell I love pink lips? Last year everyone hyped about this lipgloss and I just had to try it out. The smell is a love or hate it smell but personally I love it. The gloss applies smoothly to the lips and gives them a fuller look. I don't find this lasts as long as I'd like it to but the colour makes up for that. 

And lastly is the Bourjois Colour Boost in "Peach On The Beach". The only lip crayon I own and probably the only one I need, I love it that much. At first I thought it would be rather hard to apply but I was wrong, it's so easy! The finish is very glossy which I like to pat down with my finger to tone it down a bit, another hydrating product that I love and lasts well on the lips.

Do you own any of these? What are your favourite drugstore lip products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment