-->

Thursday 5 June 2014

Best Of The Drugstore; Each Category.


This is a post I've been on the look out for because I knew I'd be really interested in it but I'm yet to come across one. I thought maybe others felt the same so I decided to do my own. When shopping in the drugstore alot of the make up is hit and miss and buying something you don't really hear about is taking a chance but over time I have found some really good products and ones that I would repurchase. I'm going to put my top drugstore products in each category, I hope you enjoy.

Primer - Mua Primer  £4.00 - This was my first ever primer I purchased and this is now my 4th tube. This dries to a tacky finish which I don't like all over my skin but this is perfect for applying to any blemishes you may have because it makes your foundation and concealer last longer so there are less touch ups needed during the day. I'm still currently on the look out for a drugstore primer I could use all over my face so if you have any recommendations please let me know!

Foundation - L'oreal True Match  £9.99 - This is actually the only drugstore foundation I own just because all the others don't have a shade light enough for me. I haven't tried this long enough to give a good in depth  review but so far I've been really enjoying it.

Concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19 - This is probably no surprise that I chose this concealer, everyone seems to love it. This is perfect for blemishes and under the eye area, it doesn't crease and it covers everything. This originally only came in 3 shades but I think (correct me if I'm wrong) new shades have been released.

Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte £3.99 - Another cult favourite! I've had this for the longest time and yes my packaging is looking a bit rank now but that's because I use this most days. I find this powder sets my make up all day without needing any touch ups and it doesn't go cakey. I still cant get over this is only £3.99, a proper bargain!

Bronzer - The Body Shop Honey Bronzer £13.00 - I struggled to chose a drugstore bronzer because they all seem too orange for me but I have been loving this one and although it is £13.00 it's still alot cheaper than a highend brand bronzer. This has been spoken about so much lately and it's loved by so many too.

Blush - Sleek Blushers £4.49 - I think it's clear to say that Sleek do the best drugstore blushes. The pigmentation is incredible, the colour range is amazing,they last on the skin for ages and the texture isn't chalky either. If your thinking about getting some of these, here's a little heads up, only a little bit is needed, it's fair to say the first time I applied these I looked like a clown.

Highlighter - MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder £3.00 - This is another category that I don't own much from the drugstore. I have owned some in the past but didn't think much of them and gave them away but the MUA highlighting powder is a beaut! It's a gorgeous sutile highlighter that's perfect during the day.

Eyebrows - Soap and Glory Archery £10.00 - Most eye brow products I've tried from the drugstore are too red toned for me and still the Archery is still a tiny bit too red but it is the best I have found yet.

Eye Primer - Make Up Revolution Eye Primer* £2.50 -  I don't really tend to use eye lid primer unless I'm using cheaper eyeshadows with not much pigment so it took me a while to discover this but this works perfectly especially for the price!

EyeShadow - Maybelline Colour Tattoos £4.99 - These have always been a staple in my make up bag, I find them so versatile. I like to use this as a base for eyeshadows to be put on top and also just alone as an eyeshadow. These have great pigmentation and last all day without creasing.

EyeLiner - Rimmel Scandal'eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Nude £3.99 - I'm not into liquid eyeliner or any liner for the top of the lids but I do love this for my water line. The nude colour makes eyes look wider naturally instead of the harsh look a white liner can do. These are really creamy so they don't irritate the eye during the day.

Mascara - I'm still yet to find a drugstore mascara that I really like, there was one, the Collection Skyscraper but they have discontinued it, boo hoo. So recommendations are highly needed!

Lip Stick - Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick £5.49 - This are by far the best drugstore lipsticks. The colour range is great and the formula is even better! Although these are matte they are not drying or chalky on the lips and they last for ages.

Lipgloss - Tanya Burr £6.99 - When Tanya Burr launched her lipglosses and nail polishes I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they are. I was blown away by the pigmentation and they smell really good!
They have a slight sticky texture that makes them last for a good amount of time but nothing that is too uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment