-->

Monday 2 June 2014

Make Up Haul & Mini Review



After going shopping on the weekend for clothes and only coming home with a pack of pencils for my daughters homework I felt rather cheesed off. After moping around for a couple of hours I decided to make a MAC order to cheer myself up. Naughty, I know.

The first thing I picked up was cult favourite Hue Lipstick. I've seen this in almost every ones lipstick collection and decided it was about time I got it for myself. Hue is a soft pink nude with a very creamy finish. I've been loving this paired with a heavier eye look or just when I want minimal make up. 
Harmony blush also made its way into my basket after hearing it was great for contour and I have to agree this is perfect for pale skin girls like myself or as a natural sutile blush. I've recently really gotten into brows so I picked up the Brow Pencil in Stud which is very dark brown almost black shade. I found this pencil to be very pigmented and whilst I do love the finish it gives you have to be careful that you don't go overboard other wise your brows will look too false.
 Staying with brows, two other brow products that I've picked up recently has been the Anastasia Brow Wiz and Benefits Gimme Brow. Both products have changed my life (brows) completely and I know that I will forever repurchase both. I find them both so easy to use so they are perfect for beginners like myself.
Next up is a drugstore foundation, something I thought I'd never be able to buy because drugstore foundations are never light enough for me but I heard about the L'oreal True Match Foundation so I thought I'd give it a go. The lightest shade looked too yellow toned for my skin so I opted for the one above it, N1 Ivory. I was surprised to find that this is the perfect shade for me, I haven't used this long enough to review but watch this space, there will be one.
 I get really bad blue tones in the inner corner of my eye and I swear by the Bobbi Brown Corrector but I wanted to try something new so I opted for Benefit's Erase Paste. I've really been loving this, although it's thick in texture it doesn't go cakey or crease at all and it really does cover everything. On top of that I've been using the L'oreal Lumi Magique Concealer to highlight which is also amazing.
And lastly is the Body Shop's Honey Bronzer, something that everyone seems to be loving lately. I'm not big on bronzers but when a product has so much hype around it, I need to get my little mitts on it. Being a pale girl I always thought adding bronzer to my face would be too much but this is so sutile and natural it looks perfect.

So there's my haul, what have you been buying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment