-->

Wednesday 16 July 2014

You Can Only Pick One - Beauty Tag


I saw that the lovely Claire from Agent Smyth done this tag which I really enjoyed and found useful so I thought I'd do it too, hopefully you enjoy it just like me. I find it really hard to narrow down products so this will be a challenge! 

Low End Brand - This took me ages to think about but I think it's Rimmel. It's the first stand I go to when I'm in Superdrug or Boots. Their lip products are good, I love their eyeliners and their eyeshadows are pretty amazing for drugstore. Prices are on point too! 

High End Brand - This is so hard but I'd have to say Nars although I didn't get on with the Sheer Glow Foundation. Their powder products are amazing! 

Primer - Having combination skin it's hard to find a primer that isn't too mattifying nor too hydrating but for me Benefit's Porefessional works wonders. I'd love to find a drugstore alternative though so any suggestions please?! 

Foundation/BB Cream/Tinted Moisturiser - I don't wear BB cream or tinted moisturiser but I do wear foundation! I've worn the same foundation for the past year or so and that's the Estee Lauder Double Wear I have a whole post dedicated to it here if you want to check it out. 

Concealer - I use 2 different concealers a day. I use the Bobbi Brown corrector on my dark circles and this is a must have forever repurchase item. I then use the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer on top of it and on any blemishes I have. I also really like the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer!

Bronzer - The Body Shops Honey Bronzer hands down. I find it hard to find a bronzer that isn't too orange for my pale skin and it works a dream! A big favourite in the blogging community, I highly suggest it.

Blush - This is a toss up between the Dior Rosy Glow and Nars Orgasm. I find both are great for perking up your face and making you look awake and glowing. A cheaper favourite is the Make Up Revolution Baked Blush in Bang Bang Your Dead. 

Powder - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused light hands down. Oh what a beauty! 

Setting Spray - I only have one and it's the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. As a mum I don't really go on nights out but this is great for really hot days to make sure your make up doesn't melt away.

Eyebrow Product - I haven't been doing my brows for that long and after finding most drugstore eye brow products are too red toned or not dark enough for me I caved in and bought the Anastasia Brow Wiz which is probably the best £15.50 I've ever spent. No one would ever think I was practically a eyebrow virgin, the tip is so thin that it's hard to make your brows look unnatural.

Eyeshadow/Palette - I have a soft spot for my MAC palette but just because I made it myself. In terms of quality then it would have to be Urban Decay I love the Naked 1, 3 and Basics and if I'm honest, I cant choose between them, sorry!

Eyeliner - I only use eyeliner on my waterline cos I'm useless at liquid eyeliner. The one I reach for the most is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Khol Waterproof Eyeliner in Nude, a lovely peachy salmon shade to make your eyes look more wide and awake. 

Mascara - After thinking that the Benefit They're Real Mascara was my HG I found a better one that was from the drugstore, Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume mascara. This is the first drugstore mascara that I've actually liked. Again, I have a post all about it here.

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Balm - For lipstick it would have to be MACs Snob, I wear it near enough everyday. It's not bright yet it is not nude, it's not fully pink yet not fully purple. It has to be one of the most unique shades I own and I love how it looks against my skintone.
 For lipgloss it's the Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Love. I first heard of this gloss from Amelia Liana but in a different shade. She raves about it all the time and although it has a heavy price tag it's worth every penny. I have a post about it here.
 I don't think there will be any shock with the balm I've chosen, the Nuxe Reve De Miel. I don't even need to talk about it, I'm sure you've heard about it all before. 

Nail Polish - When unsure what colour I want on my nails there's one polish I always head to...Barry M Gelly in Blueberry. Not my typical shade I would say I wasn't expecting much when I bought it but I love how this looks!

Beauty Tool  MAC 217 for sure! This brush just does the blending for you, it's amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment