-->

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Battle Of The Powders



Being an oily skinned girl setting powders are a must for me. I don't have many in my collection but there are ones I reach for the most of the time and some I tend to leave alone. I thought I'd share my thoughts on each one and hopefully helps you out a bit.

Rimmel Stay Matte - £3.99 - The cult favourite yet not my favourite. I find this product a hit or miss, sometimes when I put it on it can look lovely yet other times things can get a bit cakey. I need a setting powder that will last all day or that can be touched up but I find this powder isn't very good at either. After around 3 hours I look extra shiny and when I do try and touch up I feel I look so cakey and dry that I cant leave the house (believe me it does look that bad, I'm not just a vain person, ha!) For the price if your not that oily then it's worth a try but it's just not for me. 

Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot - £12.00 - This is a big favourite of Essie Buttons, she raves about it all the time which is why I thought I'd give it a go. I think this product is actually really nice, it goes on smoothly and leaves a lovely finish. But again, like the Rimmel Stay Matte I find this doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Saying that, I find this is a lot better than the Rimmel Stay Matte. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light - £38.00 - Now this is a powder that I love! I have this in Diffused Light which has a yellow tint to it that helps cancel out any redness to the skin that leaves a flawless finish without going cakey. The Lighting powders weren't made for setting foundation though which is the only downfall but being, dare I say it, finely milled, even on top of a setting powder things don't get cakey at all. I enjoy using this on days when my skin is looking dull and needs bring back to life, the powder gives me an instant glow within. Yes it's pricey but so damn worth it, defiantly one for the Christmas wishlist. 

MAC Natural Skin Finish - £22.00 - This is the newest powder that I only recently got a few months ago. It's one that I've had on my list for so long but thought it was hyped just due to being MAC. I finally got it and since I have it hasn't left my face. There is just something so magical about this product and I get why everyone seems to love it. First off, no cakeyness no matter how bad my skin is that day. Secondly it adds a tiny bit more coverage and thirdly, it does last all day! The only reason I may touch up is if I want a bit more coverage and even when I do, it looks like I have only just done my make up. I have been using this for the past 2 or 3 months now every day and still no dent has formed in the dome shape so I know this will last me a very long time.

What setting powder do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment